Microbiology Today is the Society's magazine. Presented in a
colourful and stylish layout, the lively range of features and articles
also provides a valuable resource for anyone wishing to know more about
current issues and research in microbiology. The content is carefully
balanced to meet the needs of all Society members, as well as providing an
informative and enjoyable broad interest magazine.
Today's microbiologists tend to be very specialized and they appreciate
being able to keep up with other areas of their subject through the themed
feature articles in each issue. Topics are chosen which aim to reflect
every field in microbiology.
Regular features include:
- Feature articles on topical themes
- Microbiology and science news
- Comment - for airing controversial views
- Hot off the Press - summaries of the latest research papers
- Meetings - in-depth previews of future SGM sessions
- Gradline - written by and for young microbiologists
- Outreach - describing the work of the External Relations office
- Public Affairs - taking microbiology to parliamentarians and policy-makers
- Going Public - members promoting microbiology
- Schoolzone - microbiology news and activities for teachers
- Reviews - honest appraisals of books, software and videos
- News - grants, prizes and membership information
- Letters and Opinions - for you, the reader, to offer your
point of view
Microbiology Today also contains details of Society meetings,
publications and all activities.
Microbiology Today is published every February, May, August and
November. All members receive a copy as part of their annual subscription.
Commercial subscriptions are also available.
Would you like to be entered in our database as a potential book
reviewer? Get a form for entering your details
Last updated 25 May 2011
Current Issue »
Editorial Contacts »
Previous Issues »
Future Issues »
Book Reviews »
Copy Dates »